Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Alternate Story of Harper ch. 1-5

The story of Harper.
Chapter 1

   The shock was too hard to bear. She had tried to lose it, but she never regained full happiness. Until much later. She pressed her soft brown nose against the ice of her cave. It all came back to her. A cold wind danced besid e her home. She was a happy seal pup, as happy as can be. She snuggled closeto her family, her Playing Big brother Alex, her unresponsible little brother Cayimin , her warming mom Ellis and her Laughing dad Bruno. The wind swirled until it hit the house with a hard Bang! Harper was glad she was safe inside with her family inside their home. But was she really safe? They heard a series of crackles. Harper, a young and scared pup, inched back into the home. “Mommy?” She whispered. “I’m scared.” Her mom smiled. “Don’t be!” She cooed. “Nature may be strange, but it has its reasons.”  Harper gulped and returned back to her dinner. “Yes mommy.” But she wasn’t satisfied. The crackling grew louder until BAM!The solid ice walls that had just surrounded the family, just kept them safe fell apart, their protection doomed. What Harper saw was the scariest thing any creature had ever seen. One-eyed, many legged creatures floated outside, their flailing legs Crackling with electricity. The pups wailed. The creatures moved closer to the family. In a few seconds, Harper’s parents were gone. Dissapeared. Lifeless. The creatures were lifeless too. The pups cried themselves to sleep that night, salty tears slipping down their pearl-colored cheeks. Harper could remember it all too well. Alex looked at Harper fearfully the next morning. “Sister,” he whispered. “Its time we seperated. I am sorry. I’ll take alex. I am old enough to join a group. I can fight. But you cant. You are old enough, but you are a seal! And more, A Girl Seal!” Harper was not ready for this.”I can be strong!” She persisted. “One day, I will be the strongest of them all!” Her plan was not working well. Here she was now, crying miserably on the side of a cave. Things will change soon. She tried to convince herself. And things were.

Chapter 2 
   She woke to the sound of coos. Great. She thought. I just lost my parents 6 moons ago, and now I am going psycho. She heard laughs. “You are NOT crazy young one!”
She looked around but saw nothing. “Nuh uh uh! Up here pup!” Harper looked up, and found herself face-to-face with a huge bird. A Heron? Harper guessed.The bird swooped down. It was at least a few feet taller then Harper, and her beak was about two times the size of the pup. She strutted up to Harper. “What is your name pup?” She questioned. “My name is Harper. And yours?” “Mira.” The heron swooped down, her long wings creating a puff of air, sending  Harper a cold blast. “Why are you here anyway?” Scowled Harper. “ I am just a lowly orphaned seal.” Mira laughed. “You have been chosen young sapling of the oak. You have been selected.” “for what?” “To fight.” 
Harper let the bird’s words sink in. “ I have been chosen? To fight?” Mira nodded. Harper had always wanted to do good, any good in the world. But ever since the creatures had killed her parents, her one and only goal was to kill the creatures. Revenge. Karma. She wanted them wiped out of the world. She wanted no more innocent people to die. “Harper?” Mira’s voice interuppted her daydreams.”yes?” “I also came to apologize.” “For what?” “ Well, I um kinda created the phantoms.” “Phantoms?” Mira sighed. “The creatures that killed your parents. Your good doing parents.” Harper felt like she wanted to strangle the birdbrain. Tears ran down her cheeks. “How could you? They were innocent! I never want to work for you! Ever! You and your “chosen” Animals.” Mira looked as though tears were about to run down her cheeks. She quietly whispered, “ I didn’t do it on purpose Harper. Swear to Zios.” Harper scowled. “Who the heck is Zios? And how did you create the phantoms? Better yet, Why?” Mira looked up. “ I have one story that fulfills all of those inquires.”

Chapter 3
“Zios. He is king of the world, ruler of the universe. He created you, your parents, your brothers, even me . He was a noble creature, but was once lonely. One day, no animals existed and Zios was lonely. He would sit for hours watching the empty ball he had to create into a home for billions of animals. In his lonliness, he decided he would create an everlasting companion. Me. He named me Mira. I was a curious chick. By the time I grew older, I had an interest in Zios. We would frolic and play. We were best friends. But nothing lasts forever. One day Zios just never returned from the world he was creating. I was heartbroken. I cried and cried. My tears of sadness mixed with the clouds created the phantoms. I never wanted to kill. Oh it was all my fault child. I am sorry, I truly am. But when someone you love is gone, you just kind of dont feel right. I’m sorry.” Harper listened to Mira’s story. She wondered, What if she is lying to me? What if she is evil, and she created the phantoms so innocent people could die? What is she is about to kill me right now? The quickest escape route would be to break open the window and-” I am not going to hurt you child.” She whispered. She can read- “Minds? Yes I can. When Zios created me, he equipped me with many powers in the case that the new city was ever in danger.” “The new city?” Mira nodded. “ It will be called Jamaa. There will be shops, friends, everything. It will be a triumph.” Mira had come in when the sun was just rising, and now it was about midnight. The moon was high in the sky, gazing down proudly at it’s vast domain.The stars sparkled. It was a beautiful night. 

Chapter 4 
Mira came a few suns after. It was a winter day, and Mira’s feathers were now a light brown. “Child, do you still wish to fight?” Harper gulped. “Yes Goddess.” “Okay then. You will know when the time is right. When it is, you will be transported to a small forest. You will live there. The others will meet you. Got it Youngling?” “Yes Mira” The night came again. 

Chapter 5 
Harper woke to the sound of drips. Summertime. The air smelled like flowers. Harper spent the morning napping, then went to hunt. Being a natural carnivore, Harper caught some fish, but it wasnt a satisfactory amount of food, and it had to last a few months. Ever since her parent’s death, she had began to lower her diet. At the rate she was going, It would take a few more hours to catch the amount of Fish she needed, and she planned to watch Aurora Borealis, which would happen in a matter of minutes. She decided she would have to live on what she had. As she swam back in a little river she had found, she noticed some red colored balls. She sniffed them and licked them, and they tasted extremely sweet. As she was eating a few, she heard a familiar crackle. Fear struck thrugh her, swimming through her body like an eel, then jumping out in a choked cry. Phantoms! She panicked then remembered Mira’s words “The time is right, the time is right THE TIME IS RIGHT!!!”

Everything went black.
~ibp911

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amy, how do i post in just my grotto and not the whole blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made you an admin, go to "Pages", find you page, then post there!

      Delete

Okay, new rules in place now! Please ask if you are confused with the rules.

1.No excessive mini-modding (Let Us Solve Probelms If You Can't Be Nice About It)
2. Minimal Cussing, Please (No Street Slang Or The "F" Word)
3. Good Grammar Prevails (Use Good Grammar And Spelling)
4. Spam? Eat It. (Make Comments Useful)
5. No Pestering (Ask Things, Then Wait For A Reply)
6. Safety First (Anon Comments Are Blocked To Prevent Personal Info Leaking)
7. No Vulgar Things (flashing, nudity, stripping, hangovers, sex, e.t.c.)
8. Organized! (Put Comments In The Right Place)
9. No Fuss, For All of Us (Opinions Are Removed For Safety)
10. Don't Be Underage (Be Near Teenage Age, Please)
11. No Religious Stuff (Except for "I don't believe in god, OR Jesus Christ who's not my Savior! If YOU aren't afraid to admit it, put this somewhere!", no offense intended.)