Saturday, April 27, 2013

Frost and Snowyclaw: Co-Op

We had received an anonymous message the phantoms were using stolen Vramaasian technology to bomb Jamaa Township with nanite bombs, and we weren't taking chances.
Snowy was bitter from Amelia freezing her in ice for no good reason (see Frost in Court: Preview), but I managed to coax her into coming with me to find and destroy the bombs.
Once the nanites were out, every Jammer in close proximity would be killed or roboticized, or even worse...
Made into a phantom.
"Are you ready?" I asked Snowy as we crept in the sewers.
"Other than ready for mental trauma? Then I'm ready." she replied.
A few rats crept by us, which made me glad I had used Keldeo's water shield. Jamaasian rats could carry rabies, or even infest you with craziness nanites.
Eesh.
As the note said, the bomb should have been right underneath Mira's statue, half-lodged in the wall. We had brought all sorts of tools, from nunchucks to safety scissors.
Believe me, safety scissors are deadly weapons.
I felt a tinge of pain as I got closer to the nanite bomb, because Zion wasn't talking to me after I turned him into a prelate minion. That scrape was because of stupid Nanyte, Phantom Queen and those stupid nanites. Long story short, it took Mia and Snowy to free me from Nanyte's will.
Suddenly, just as the sewer pipe was getting narrower, a swarm of phantoms attacked, which meant we were close to the bomb.
I sent my pet dwarf tiger after a few straggler phantoms at the back of the group, and I easily slashed a few of the phantoms to BITS.
Snowy stayed at my back, cutting the phantoms with horns and teeth, while I used magic and claws, careful not to drain my mana.
The Spirit Armor protected me from phantom corruption, which unfortunately, didn't do well against Nanyte's might.
Hey, that rhymes!
Soon, the only things around us were time blobs floating in the dirty water and time blobs splattered everywhere.
"Good work, but that drained us a tad too much." I sighed.
Snowy didn't reply.
I turned around, and saw Snowy following me, quieter than a mouse.

We found the bomb in no time flat, but it was partly lodged in the cobblestones, and it was also at one minute left until detonation.
"What do we do?" I wailed in despair. Our best tools could destroy the bomb in say, an hour.
Snowy grimaced at the thought of a chance of being made into a corpse, phantom or robot minion.
Suddenly, I had an idea, and decided to whistle for Drakus.
Drakus came in an unmannerly way.
He simply burst a hole in the steel pipe.
"Drakus..." I whined.
We still had bad relations, even after shaking out our false memories, but we had a close enough link to call each other when needed.
"I'm  fine, just some steel splinters. Now, do you need my telekinesis to lift the bomb out of that crack and destroy the nanites within?" Drakus growled.
I smiled, and winked.
"Go do it, crocodile boy." I said simply.
At those words, the bomb drifted out of the crack, shook, and ker-splashed into the sewer water.
Drakus disappeared, and me and Snowy exchanged a high-paw.
"I think you didn't need me, actually!" Snowy said.
"Oh, I needed you all right!" I said, playfully tapping her on the shoulder with my armored tail. "Your fearsome claws and horns killed those phantoms quickly!"
We exchanged jokes for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, new rules in place now! Please ask if you are confused with the rules.

1.No excessive mini-modding (Let Us Solve Probelms If You Can't Be Nice About It)
2. Minimal Cussing, Please (No Street Slang Or The "F" Word)
3. Good Grammar Prevails (Use Good Grammar And Spelling)
4. Spam? Eat It. (Make Comments Useful)
5. No Pestering (Ask Things, Then Wait For A Reply)
6. Safety First (Anon Comments Are Blocked To Prevent Personal Info Leaking)
7. No Vulgar Things (flashing, nudity, stripping, hangovers, sex, e.t.c.)
8. Organized! (Put Comments In The Right Place)
9. No Fuss, For All of Us (Opinions Are Removed For Safety)
10. Don't Be Underage (Be Near Teenage Age, Please)
11. No Religious Stuff (Except for "I don't believe in god, OR Jesus Christ who's not my Savior! If YOU aren't afraid to admit it, put this somewhere!", no offense intended.)