Saturday, May 11, 2013

Oreo Died...

Oreo was working in Jamaa High at that time, as a P.E. teacher. Moonirah was in senior high, working in Jam Mart Furniture as a shipper part-time. Bloda had graduated from Jamaa University and was training to be a ShadowClan warrior.
I, of course, the little kid, was in Jamaa's Choice Elementary working on my fifth-grade Jamaasian Lore speech, when this letter hit me on the head. No, not a letter like "a", this letter from the Alphas.
save image
It was October, of course, so the newspaper also had this clip in it:
save image
When I read it on Sunday, I was like "Okay, I guess I'm going over to Mia's house to go get one." Mia was 6 years old at that time (Mia776, if you're reading this, Frost is 11 at this time and your animal seems to be about 6 at this time. Currently, Frost is 22.) and allowed me, her best friend forever, to use the claw her parents had got from the Alphas.
But now, the message made me a bit suspicious.
I had a few clippings of memories of my unusual birth by then, and I was starting to piece them together and the various talk about phantoms. It just seemed too suspicious to be untrue.
I folded up the paper, stuffed it into my blue backpack, and carried the message all the way home to tell my mother.
I was on time.
Everyone was getting home around 3:00, and I came 30 minutes later because I had Gifted And Talented work to do in the library. Today, that was because I was researching Mira and Zios.
Oreo's dappled pelt sparkled, as she had just taken a shower at the local spa. Bloda was nipping at his tail as he wondered how the horsetail and tansy clung to his wounds, and Moonirah was covered with "Clearance" stickers for some reason. Of course, she was dressed with some cheap hats and blankets from the Jam Mart Clothing shop across the street.
Oreo looked weary from doing fifty pushups and hulahooping every single class, but her eyes still filled with stars when she saw me come in the house. My foster dad, Fisher, was sitting on the couch eating some lamb chops after his day job making new clothes for the Shiveer Shoppe. I opened the shoji screen to get into my bedroom, where a small bed and a table sat. A few plushies sat on my pillow and a few gecko posters hung on the walls, but that was about it.
The carpet creaked under my paws, which freaked me out until I went to kindergarten, and I hopped onto my stack of pillows to study a bit at home.
The lights illuminated my paper, and my half-broken clock ticked away the hours... until it was dinner time. Chow time!
The table had been set up, so we walked out of the tiny house to eat up. Moonirah, the small rabbit, had some lettuce and carrots along with Naked juice. I ate goat legs and frog breast (tastes just like chicken, I remarked) with apple juice. Bloda ate squirrel and rabbit that he caught himself, along with ice water. Of course, the two wolves Oreo and Fisher (Bloda was more or less a wolf-cat hybrid, what most warriors in Jamaa are) coddled and ate lamb meat, along with ice water.
Suddenly, shadows crept along the sky, and it started to rain.
Fisher carried the food and table in, while we carried our pillows into the small living room. The wooden ceiling creaked under the weight of the rain, but never fell. Oreo quickly closed both the front and porch door.
"Mama, we should go out and play in the puddles!" complained Moonirah when she smelled worms coming out after the storm.
Fisher shook his shaggy head.
"Sorry, Moonirah, but the phantoms are here. If we leave, then we will be surely be eaten."
As he spoke the last word, the door crashed down and several phantoms came in.
Fisher started to fight the phantoms, but he was carried away.
"Father!" I cried, tears in my eyes. I batted one of the phantoms to pieces. They seemed to be revolted by my presence.
Oreo grabbed Moonirah by her scruff and ran towards the porch door, but a phantom shocked her and stopped her heart. Moonirah skidded across the floor, and I managed to save her from the phantoms by grabbing her and stuffing her inside my backpack.
Bloda fought like a warrior, and managed to defeat the last of them, but by then Oreo was barely alive and Fisher gone.
I came out of my room, and  carried Moonirah over to her mother's body.
Oreo was still breathing, but her eyes were already glazing over.
"Mother... go to StarClan in peace. We wish you a safe journey to the world of the deceased." Bloda and I said in harmony, tears splashing on Oreo's fur.
"My beloved children... find your new lives. Frost already has a castle arranged for her to move into, Moonirah will move in with her, and Bloda will become a full ShadowClan warrior." Oreo sighed after she spoke her last words, and her flank lay still.
With a pang of her heart, I realized I would be an orphan now. My parents were dead, and I was on my own with only Moonirah.
My last tears splashed out of my blue eyes, and I licked Oreo's body one last time.
"Moonirah... Mother is sleeping right now. She told us to move out. Let's go, Moonirah, before she wakes up and changes her mind!" I said, trying to hide the fact that her mother wasn't going to ever wake up again.
Quickly putting Moonirah and my few belongings in my backpack, I dragged Oreo's body to my castle, where I would bury her and start a new life.


Bonus content!
This is kind of what Oreo looked like.
save image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, new rules in place now! Please ask if you are confused with the rules.

1.No excessive mini-modding (Let Us Solve Probelms If You Can't Be Nice About It)
2. Minimal Cussing, Please (No Street Slang Or The "F" Word)
3. Good Grammar Prevails (Use Good Grammar And Spelling)
4. Spam? Eat It. (Make Comments Useful)
5. No Pestering (Ask Things, Then Wait For A Reply)
6. Safety First (Anon Comments Are Blocked To Prevent Personal Info Leaking)
7. No Vulgar Things (flashing, nudity, stripping, hangovers, sex, e.t.c.)
8. Organized! (Put Comments In The Right Place)
9. No Fuss, For All of Us (Opinions Are Removed For Safety)
10. Don't Be Underage (Be Near Teenage Age, Please)
11. No Religious Stuff (Except for "I don't believe in god, OR Jesus Christ who's not my Savior! If YOU aren't afraid to admit it, put this somewhere!", no offense intended.)