Friday, July 19, 2013

Rogues of Jamaa: Friends?

Here's the continuation of Rogues of Jamaa. Sorry it only was commented now, I hardly had time to write. Here goes:
Part 1:
Ledra strolled slowly through the forest, deep in thought. Mia and Tango had warned them about two animals called Twilight and Screech, and to watch out for them. Apparently they were planning to destroy Jamaa, and were part of a whole network. She scowled. Having phantoms on their tails all the time was bad enough!
“You look like you need a nice howl at the moon.” Ledra started, and then saw another wolf poking his head out of a bush. “What’s bothering you?”
Ledra suddenly realized how badly she’d been wishing for someone to confide in. Soon, she found herself blurting out everything, the whole story. “I wish Jamaa could just be left alone.”
Ledra narrowed her eyes as the wolf looked at the ground, not looking at her. It almost seemed he was trying to change the subject when he said: “I think you need to take a break from worrying so much. Lighten up a bit. Have some fun!”
Before Ledra could explain in exasperation that she didn’t have time for fun, the wolf called out, “Come and catch me!” and was off. She gave a sigh of amusement and raced after him.
Soon, they were racing side by side. Ledra felt the wind ruffling her fur. Everything was a blur. She found herself keeping eye contact with the wolf, who was looking at her, his eyes smiling. Suddenly he pulled ahead, running faster, almost a yard ahead of her now. Ledra laughed, and pushed harder to try and catch him.
The wolf collapsed onto the ground, panting. Ledra stopped, concerned for her new-found friend. “Are you alright?”
“Yes,” he puffed. He raised his head and stared into Ledra’s eyes. “You know, you have beautiful eyes.”
Ledra looked away, blushing, but secretly pleased.
Ledra laid down onto the forest floor with him. “The forest is beautiful today.”
“Yes,” agreed the wolf. “But not as beautiful as someone else I know.”
Blushing even more, Ledra stayed silent. Soon, she felt her eyelids getting heavy and drooping. Curling closer to him, she fell asleep.
Waking up, Ledra saw that the wolf was still awake. She realized she didn’t know his name. “What’s your name?”
“Ah, you’re awake!” The wolf turned. “My name? I’m Twilight.”
ReplyDelete
Replies
Part 2
Ledra jumped to her feet as if all the phantoms in Phantom Land were after her. “Twilight? But then you-“
“Yes.” Twilight hung his head. “I want to destroy Jamaa.”
Ledra was rooting to the spot, horrorstruck. He had betrayed her! How could he? She turned around to race for help, but was called back.
“Ledra! Wait!” His eyes seemed to plead.
“What is it?” Growled Ledra.
“Today was- still fun, wasn’t it?” Twilight hesitated.
“Fun? Today was the best day of my life! And now it was ruined!” Ledra yelled. Twilight flinched. Ledra walked toward him and brushed against him, trying to comfort him. “Look, I’m sorry. But I need to get help here. For my own good.” Wait, what am I doing? Comforting an enemy?
Ledra turned around and sprinted as fast as she could. “Ledra! “ Ledra heard paw steps far behind her and stopped. Frustrated, she turned around.
“What do you want with me?” Ledra shrieked.
Twilight looked calmly at her. “I only thought- if today was- a bit enjoyable- you might want to do it again?”
Ledra felt herself melting. Fight back! A voice screamed inside her. But Ledra’s heart was saying something different. “Alright.” All of a sudden, Ledra succumbed to her feelings and let the wash over her like a wave.
Ledra raced back to Twilight and nuzzled him, as he nuzzled her in return. “I won’t tell anyone,” she whispered.
“Neither will I,” Twilight whispered back.
Prying herself apart from him, Ledra walked slowly towards the edge of the forest, her eyes still locked on Twilight. “Same time tomorrow then?” She asked. “Yes,” Twilight replied. Ledra stopped and watched as Twilight turned around and walked out of the clearing. Ledra forced her head to look the other way and raced out of the forest, never looking back.
Just outside Ledra and Twilight’s meeting spot, Twilight cackled. “Foolish hero,” he snarled. “Falling for the oldest trick in the book.” Twilight though of Sasuke. “Don’t worry,” he whispered, his voice softening. “I would never choose another over you.”
To be continued...

So, here is my continuation of this story:

So, for days after that, Ledra and Twilight played gleefully. Twilight thought of Sasuke, while Shade would show Ledra visions of Shade and Greely prancing in the fields, playing together. As they grew to know each other, though, Ledra/Shade had a hunch that Greely and Shade had a second pup unknowingly, and Twilight thought that Ledra was connected to Sasuke somehow.
"So.. eh... do you want to... um... look at my place?" stuttered Twilight.
"Um... sure..." blushed Ledra.
"Great! Ledra, extend your freedom wings to follow me. I know you need to go back to Hyrestia soon, but I just want to show you something." replied Twilight.
Flapping his black wings, Twilight flew up a mountain nearby, and so did Ledra.
As they ascended, Twilight looked at her.
"Say, you remind me of somebody else. Have you ever known somebody named Sasuke?" asked Twilight.
Ledra's face contorted as she tried to remember.
A vision of Greely tending to a tiny pup, sighing and stroking her blue fur, and muttering something about locking her away to keep her safe, struck Ledra.
"My, my, little Sasuke, if your mother were still alive I would be gleeful to have you. You were born from lovely Shade's heart, a spirit from her spirit." sighed Greely. "To keep you safe from the phantoms that killed your mother, I will put you in a cradle in the Duat for the time being."
The little pup looked at him, squirming, and Greely placed her in a purple crib made from oak and with satin cushions inside. A crystal was placed by her.
"This special crystal, Sasuke, will embed powers of nature and spirit within you, while years will pass like seconds. I'm sorry, Sasuke..."
A portal opened, and the blue wolf was slid in.
"Uh.. no." said Ledra, lying like a rug.
Twilight raised an eyebrow, then sighed.
"Oh well. Well, I met this lovely blue wolf named Sasuke one stormy night. She was about my age, barely in her teens. She told me that she awoke in the Duat, a little pup. When she exited, years passed like seconds and she aged to 13 before some spell stopped her aging. I laughed at that, but little did I know that she wouldn't survive beyond 15. We were a great pair, my powers of stealth and flight good for traversing the barren world while her powers of nature and shadow restored the land to its former self. When we got to Corax, my homeworld, I was horrified to find the Cithara Order fighting under the name of Cithara and Mother Moon, fighting against the Firetails. All the Coraxese had perished in the conflict, and the only ones remaining were half-bloods. When we tried to flee, though, an avalanche roared down and Sasuke... passed away in the struggle because of the fast snow. I worked for Roar, the great lion, and tried to destroy Jamaa before I found out he died. Now, I serve the spirit Xaia under a promise that she will revive Sasuke and restore Corax once I accomplish her goals, along with my half-brother Screech."
Ledra sighed.
"What a sad tale. I want to see what you want me to see, lets discuss this later." said Ledra.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, new rules in place now! Please ask if you are confused with the rules.

1.No excessive mini-modding (Let Us Solve Probelms If You Can't Be Nice About It)
2. Minimal Cussing, Please (No Street Slang Or The "F" Word)
3. Good Grammar Prevails (Use Good Grammar And Spelling)
4. Spam? Eat It. (Make Comments Useful)
5. No Pestering (Ask Things, Then Wait For A Reply)
6. Safety First (Anon Comments Are Blocked To Prevent Personal Info Leaking)
7. No Vulgar Things (flashing, nudity, stripping, hangovers, sex, e.t.c.)
8. Organized! (Put Comments In The Right Place)
9. No Fuss, For All of Us (Opinions Are Removed For Safety)
10. Don't Be Underage (Be Near Teenage Age, Please)
11. No Religious Stuff (Except for "I don't believe in god, OR Jesus Christ who's not my Savior! If YOU aren't afraid to admit it, put this somewhere!", no offense intended.)