Sunday, January 19, 2014

Hyrestia Tales: Sadness

A tear, gingerly yet warning of more to come, crept down Pink's cheek.
"Why? WHY?!" she screeched. Pink wrought her paws, distraught with what she'd done. The scent of eucalyptus faintly, but didn't, covered up the scent of blood.
Savior's eyes were glazing over, yet she was still smiling weakly. Elvis was licking at her wound, either trying to heal her (to no avail) or doing his impression of a hungry Bunnicula (ew).
"Pink... I can't believe it... We drifted so far apart during our travels, yet we are still friends. How that string didn't break while you were made 'ugly' and I wasn't on Earth very often, I dunno. But I'm glad I still see you for who you really are underneath that metal - a beautiful wolf." croaked Savior.
Tears were cascading down Pink's cheeks now.
"I... didn't mean to, Savior..."
Savior weakly grasped Pink's paw, examining it, despite the severe blood loss.
"You didn't mean to, but that doesn't matter." she said. "Carry on my legacy, Pink, and do try to keep control of yourself. You have inner power, Pink, and that is what matters."
She looked at Ledra, and weakly grinned.
"I shouldn't have sacrificed myself, huh?" she weakly whispered. "I always have been told that the wounds never are as bad as they look... but no amount of DNA alteration can save me..."
Elvis, now fully distraught, took a black orb from Savior's fur to Frost's awaiting paws.
"Frost, this is the Cheetah Spirit Stone. Sabre himself gave it to me to pass on to you. I don't know how to work it, but I think you'll figure it out."
By now, there was so much blood that the scene was eerily macabre. Amanda frantically worked her magic at Savior's wound, but Savior's chest was already ceasing to heave.
"I... see the judge's podium... I wish Jamaa were perfect, but I guess nothing is..."
With that, Savior's eyes glazed over completely, and her chest froze, never to heave again.
A wisp of smoke escaped from her mouth, and it plunged into the chest of Pink. Apparently, it was painless, as Pink only patted her chest and wiped a tear away from her cheek.
Evada, wanting to be useful for once, closed the eyes of Savior, and all was silent for a moment.
Then, Frost nodded at Evada.
A casket of wood, leaves and packed dirt formed around the body of Savior, and the blood tapered off. Frost twitched, and the blood formed into spiky, red ice across the floor. Ignacio, who was standing on it in shock, slipped and fell onto Vicky, who barely supported Ignacio's falling weight with a groan.
Dark purple and black swirled into a portal beneath Savior, and as the casket plunged into the Duat, Frost whispered a prayer to Savior's safe journey - then clutched the Spirit Stone hard.
A pillar of black fire enveloped her, and when she emerged, she was in cheetah form.
Frost surveyed her surroundings, then glanced at her grieving comrades.
"Okay, Evada, take Pink back to the main Jamaasian Heroes, alongside Ledra and Vicky. They'll be needed back there."
Evada nodded.
"No can do," she said. "We haven't been very useful so far."
Frost's eyes widened.
"Evada, you've been really useful, and I'm not being sarcastic. But I'm sure Mia would need help."
She looked at the place where Savior's casket had been.
"Savior was a great comrade, and we will forevermore miss her." she mused. "But we have to get over this loss; I can't afford to lose any more comrades to grief. I have a feeling our friends back home will need all the help they can muster to fight off the forces native to there."
Snowy and Tempest noticed that Frost didn't speak of the phantoms  by name in that remark. Despite knowing her well, they didn't know enough to know why Frost seemed to be moody recently.
She looked at Ignacio and Amanda.
"You came here for a reason, and I'll respect that. We can send you back to the human world, but its your choice. This is your crossroads; to continue this perilous journey or go back to normal life."
While Ignacio seemed to not be torn at all (by flinging his Rainbow Loom bracelet over his head and screaming "Of course!"), Amanda seemed torn.
"I want to get out of peril, of course... but I guess its better for us to stay.. hmm..."
Ignacio peered at Amanda with puppy-dog eyes.
"Pul-leaaaase?" he begged.
Amanda muttered a few things under her breath about mules trampling her brother while he was doing an Irish jig naked, then sighed in relent.
"Fine." she muttered. "But if we die, I get to tell you for eternity 'Ha ha! Told you so!'"
"Deal." said Ignacio. He held out a pinky, and Amanda reluctantly shook it with her own pinky.
Frost mrrowed with amusement.
"Reminds me of when I was young, playing with Moonirah." she muttered.
Tempest rolled her eyes.
"I would know about these things, and believe me, they're AN-NO-YING spelled B-R-O-T-H-E-R."
Snowy was the only one without an animated response. On the contrary, she stared sadly at her paws.
"You're lucky you all can remember your puphoods. I only have faint memories of robes and prayers."
Ignacio turned up his nose.
"I hate church, Snowy. I would hate your puphood, by the sounds of it."
Evada, oblivious to the exchange going on, spun her paws in a circle and opened up a dark, swirling portal right next to herself. 
Frost looked right at the portal.
"This is your last chance, everybody, to leave the quest and return home. Once Evada, Pink and Vicky leave, then you are unable to go anymore, because we've sent enough magical flares up to the Phantoms."
Tempest shuddered, either the humidity or Frost's words had got to her.
"I don't want to be dancing screaming 'HEY PHANTOMS! I'M RIGHT HERE! REARRANGE MY DENTAL WORK!'" she inferred.
Frost raised an eyebrow.
"Well, I wouldn't put it that way, but yes."
From a few yards away, Ledra sighed.
"I'm going with Evada. I have a feeling that Drakus will need me in Jamaa Prime." she said.
Frost's eyes widened.
"But Ledra! We need you here!"
"Look, Drakus needs me more. I have a hunch that there will be a war of much magnitude in Jamaa when Evada and we arrive, and Mia will need as much help as possible."
Frost sighed, her eyes dipping to her own paws.
"Fine... if you insist."
With that, the portal vanished, taking Evada, Vicky, Pink and Ledra with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, new rules in place now! Please ask if you are confused with the rules.

1.No excessive mini-modding (Let Us Solve Probelms If You Can't Be Nice About It)
2. Minimal Cussing, Please (No Street Slang Or The "F" Word)
3. Good Grammar Prevails (Use Good Grammar And Spelling)
4. Spam? Eat It. (Make Comments Useful)
5. No Pestering (Ask Things, Then Wait For A Reply)
6. Safety First (Anon Comments Are Blocked To Prevent Personal Info Leaking)
7. No Vulgar Things (flashing, nudity, stripping, hangovers, sex, e.t.c.)
8. Organized! (Put Comments In The Right Place)
9. No Fuss, For All of Us (Opinions Are Removed For Safety)
10. Don't Be Underage (Be Near Teenage Age, Please)
11. No Religious Stuff (Except for "I don't believe in god, OR Jesus Christ who's not my Savior! If YOU aren't afraid to admit it, put this somewhere!", no offense intended.)